Installation Instructions for the ITHACA 37 Model Forend Grip
The objective is to remove the pump handle/slide bar assembly off of the weapon. This will allow you to unscrew the end cap and
replace the wood with the plastic.
CAUTION: Do not put any pressure on the slide bar. it will bend and then bind up inside the receiver
- Remove the barrel from the weapon.
- Unscrew the magazine cap, CAUTION The magazine spring may jump out.
- Take the screw completely out of the barrel support bracket and slide the bracket off the end of the magazine tube.
- Notice on the bottom of the breech bolt there is a spring loaded pin that locks the breech bolt to the pump grip/slide bar assembly. The lock pin has a groove in it for a sharp point tool. Push the pin awayfrom the slide bar and pull the pump handle forward and off the end of the gun.
- Once the pump handle is removed, it is easy to unscrew the end cap with the flat steel key and replace the wood forend.
- To reassemble, reverse the above action.